SUBMIT YOUR BEER
1. Read Terms and Conditions of Entry to ensure eligibility
2. Complete your entry form and make payment above
3. Ensure you correctly label your entry submissions
4. Get your entry submission to HopsAboard by the due date
1st JulyEntries open at our Early Bird rate.
23rd August Early Bird rate finishes
30th August Entries Close
1st September DEADLINE: Homebrew entries must be received by HopsAboard before 4pm Friday 1st September
7th October Judging and winners announced at Craft & Co.
1st Prize: Brew your beer at scale (1,000lt). You will also receive $500
A) Judges will be using the 2017 Brewers Association Style Guidelines
B) Home brewers will receive a copy of the judges scores via email
C) Judging will be conducted as a blind tasting
D) Judging will be overseen by our head brewer Heath McVeigh. The remaining panel of judges are independent and experienced.
E) Judges will be basing their scores upon the following criteria:
- Mouth feel
- Characteristics of your nominated Beer Style
- Entry price as per our stores 'submit your home-brew' price
- Entry into the Home brewers competition also includes tickets to the HopsAwards where the winning beer is announced
- Fees are non refundable, but your entry ticket into HopsAwards is transferable if you are unable to attend
You must print off your receipt of purchase and a copy must accompany your submission.
Each bottle submitted, MUST have a completed label. Please see the example below, and ensure that labels are securely attached. Please do not put your name on the labels, yet place your confirmation number from your receipt on the label.
BOTTLE 1 of 2
Category: Pale Ale
Style: Australian Pale Ale
Confirmation No. #0006
Getting Submissions to HopsAboard:
We require 2 long necks (750ml x 2) or the equivalent in stubby per style. Glass or Plastic Bottles are both accepted.
All entries become property of HopsAboard. No entries will be returned.
In person or delivery:
1/237 Exhibition St. Melbourne 3000
Deadline – Homebrews can be dropped off to HopsAboard between 9am-‐ 5pm, Monday to Friday. Please arrange your drop off time with alvaro - 0416 838 704 or firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be responsible for the freight costs if you choose to post your submission
Damages in transits will be your responsibility, please ensure goods are well sealed and securely packaged.